Musicians are constantly seeking ways to fund their projects, and quite often it can seem like there aren’t many options. Historically, some private financial institutions have taken advantage of creatives, seeking their copyrights as collateral and ultimately stripping them from the rights to their music. (For the basic steps on how royalties work and how to protect your creative works, check out our blog, ‘How to Copyright Your Music’.)
As the leading specialty finance firm in the music industry, Sound Royalties has created a way to support music creatives without taking ownership of their copyrights.
One of the most common questions we get asked is, “How does it work?”
Our music business funding process is simple and available for any music creative who earns a minimum of $5,000 in annual royalties from a specific royalty stream. At the end of the day, we strive to help musicians in even the most unique of circumstances to fund their professional and personal dreams..
How it works:
- After completing a short form at www.soundroyalties.com/apply/, simply submit your royalty streams with one of our Royalty Specialists.
- Our team will evaluate the streams and offer 3 personalized funding options with projected earnings for the next year and assist in identifying other streams you may not be collecting on.
- Simply choose the option that best suits you, and we will send you the necessary paperwork to get the funding process started.
- We’ll keep you updated each step of the way, and typically fund transactions within a matter of business days upon receiving the necessary documents and acknowledgements from royalty payors.
- Lastly, you will receive a call from us to go over details before funding is completed and let you know when the money is on its way to your account!
- That’s it! Welcome to the Sound Royalties family.
We pride ourselves in being the hassle-free, financial solution that many creatives seek throughout their careers. Our process and core values were established to support and empower musicians during the biggest moments of their lives. From building a state-of-the-art studio, to financing a global tour, to purchasing a new home or supporting a college education, we are at your service for music business funding.
About Sound Royalties
Founded by CEO Alex Heiche, Sound Royalties, LLC is a privately-owned specialty finance firm that helps music industry professionals fund personal and professional projects without ever taking ownership of their copyrights, allowing for pass-through income, and empowering creatives to choose from a variety of flexible pricing options. The company’s core business is offering royalty advances of anywhere from $5,000 to the tens of millions. It does this by advancing artist, producer and songwriter royalties paid through music labels, distributors, publishers and PROs such as BMI, ASCAP, SESAC, SoundExchange and many more. Sound Royalties works with a wide range of leading music industry professionals, including GRAMMY Award winners, platinum recording artists and notable music industry executives in every genre.